Los Angeles News
Counterfeiters along Venice Boardwalk targeted by LAPD
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are cracking down on counterfeiters working on the busy Venice Boardwalk.
Police investigators swept through the tourist-heavy area and raided several stores. Officers say the prime targets were venders seling bogus electronics including cellphones and bootleg videos.
Three people, two men and a woman, were taken into custody. They face charges of video piracy and copyright infringement.
venice beach, arrest, los angeles news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 38 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 10 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought 31 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features 53 min ago
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'