Los Angeles News
Firefighter, mother charged for beating woman feeding cats
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles firefighter and his elderly mother have been charged with beating a woman who was caring for stray cats in their neighborhood.
Prosecutors say Ian Eulian, an off-duty L.A. Fire Department engineer, approached the woman while she sat in a parked car in the 2500 block of West View Street in Los Angeles and engaged in a verbal altercation at about 12:20 a.m. on Sept. 14. When Eulian, 37, leaned into the car yelling, the victim threw pieces of cat kibble at him to push him back, according to prosecutors.
Eulian allegedly responded by punching the woman, and his mother, 70-year-old Lonieta Fontaine, allegedly slapped the victim several times. Prosecutors say Eulian then pulled the victim out of her car and punched the victim once or twice more as she fell to the ground.
When the victim regained consciousness, Eulian and Fontaine helped her back into her car and drove her home, telling her she had tripped and hit her face on the car, according to the D.A.'s office. But the incident was caught on surveillance cameras nearby.
Both were charged with one felony count of battery with serious bodily injury and one felony count of assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury. Eulian was also charged with an enhancement for causing great bodily harm.
If convicted, Eulian faces up to seven years in state prison, while Fontaine faces up to four years in state prison.
arrest, los angeles news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified 47 min ago
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested 49 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate