Los Angeles News
Firefighter, mother charged for beating woman feeding cats
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles firefighter and his elderly mother have been charged with beating a woman who was caring for stray cats in their neighborhood.
Prosecutors say Ian Eulian, an off-duty L.A. Fire Department engineer, approached the woman while she sat in a parked car in the 2500 block of West View Street in Los Angeles and engaged in a verbal altercation at about 12:20 a.m. on Sept. 14. When Eulian, 37, leaned into the car yelling, the victim threw pieces of cat kibble at him to push him back, according to prosecutors.
Eulian allegedly responded by punching the woman, and his mother, 70-year-old Lonieta Fontaine, allegedly slapped the victim several times. Prosecutors say Eulian then pulled the victim out of her car and punched the victim once or twice more as she fell to the ground.
When the victim regained consciousness, Eulian and Fontaine helped her back into her car and drove her home, telling her she had tripped and hit her face on the car, according to the D.A.'s office. But the incident was caught on surveillance cameras nearby.
Both were charged with one felony count of battery with serious bodily injury and one felony count of assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury. Eulian was also charged with an enhancement for causing great bodily harm.
If convicted, Eulian faces up to seven years in state prison, while Fontaine faces up to four years in state prison.
arrest, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 21 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 16 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search 51 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 25 min ago
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India 57 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says
- Pet of the Week: 3-year-old Chow mix Trixie
18 min ago