Los Angeles News
100 pounds of marijuana found in suitcases at LAX terminal
LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KABC) -- Nearly 100 pounds of marijuana were found inside checked bags at Terminal 1 in Los Angeles International Airport Wednesday morning.
The bags were bound for an AirTran Airways flight to Atlanta when they were discovered around 5 a.m.
The marijuana was wrapped in green cellophane and birthday wrapping paper.
Authorities estimate the marijuana's street value at about $300,000.
The passengers linked to the suitcases were not on the flight and were not located.
los angeles international airport, marijuana, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 20 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants