Los Angeles News
Possible kidnapping in Palmdale investigated
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- There are a lot of unanswered questions about a possible kidnapping in Palmdale. A teenage girl has been found alive and well, but investigators are saying very little about the case.
Los Angeles County deputies first got the emergency call around 3 p.m. The girl's mother pleaded for help saying her daughter is 15 years old, her name is Joselyn Zuniga and she attends Highland High School.
The mother explained that her daughter was taking out the garbage when she was tossed in the back of a pickup truck. Deputies searched the driveway for clues.
Speaking in Spanish, the mother said the teenager texted her 8-year-old sister saying, "Help me, help me! This is real. I just took out the trash and was taken by a man and woman in a truck."
About five hours later, the teenager was found at a Ross Dress for Less parking lot on 47th Street East. The alleged victim of an apparent abduction was wrapped in a blanket and taken away by ambulance.
Neighbors had nothing but kind things to say about the 15-year-old.
"It's normally a really nice, quiet neighborhood. They're a good family. I find it really strange," said neighbor Mark Fisk.
According to our sources, the girl appeared disoriented while she was being interviewed by deputies. It's unclear if investigators are actually searching for a man and woman in a pickup truck.
los angeles news, q mccray
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book