Los Angeles News
Mar Vista water main break floods streets, prompts evacuation
MAR VISTA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A family was forced to evacuate their home after a water main break flooded the streets in Mar Vista Saturday night.
Water began spewing out around 11:30 p.m. at the intersection of Charnock and Stoner avenues. The water rushed onto the streets and eventually flooded homes.
Two homes were directly impacted, and one family evacuated. One of the homes had several feet of water in the garage area.
"We've always wanted a pool, but this isn't exactly what we had in mind," said one young girl.
Water was seen over the curb as far as three blocks away from where the water main broke.
Fortunately, crews were able to fix the water main.
los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 1 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 25 min ago
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
37 min ago