Los Angeles News
Man dies after falling from party bus on 101 Freeway
UNIVERSAL CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 24-year-old man was killed after falling from a moving party bus on the 101 Freeway near Universal City Sunday.
The incident occurred as the bus was traveling southbound near Lankershim Boulevard around 12:20 a.m.
The man has been identified by his family as C.J. Saraceno. His dad says Saraceno grew up in Connecticut, moved out to Los Angeles two years ago and wanted to become a promoter or manager in Hollywood.
According to his dad, Saraceno was on the bus celebrating a friend's birthday when he was thrown from the bus. Saraceno's father says he was told by people on the bus that his son was changing the music near the front when the bus turned, causing him to fly through the door.
The California Highway Patrol says he was hit by several other vehicles and died at the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
Jess A. Richman, chief executive officer of NCLUSIVE, which was Saraceno's employer, released the following statement Sunday:
"C.J. Saraceno was one of the most inspirational, positive and above all intelligent people that has ever entered our lives at NCLUSIVE. He was one of the inaugural members of our creative team and became a talent we couldn't function without. Everyday C.J. positively influenced our lives and his....usually through his gift of words. His talent was unmatched and his future extremely bright. We could not have asked for a more enthusiastic and passionate person as a colleague. Our company is a family made up by every individual member and C.J. was a one of a kind from the day he walked through our doors. He is loved more than we can express. C.J. and his words will never be forgotten."
hollywood, los angeles news
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 9 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game 39 min ago
- Honda tops IIHS list of safest new cars
- Willie Nelson, Daft Punk to perform at Grammys
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis