Los Angeles News
LA County sheriff's employee busted for bringing heroin to jail
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An L.A. County Sheriff's Department employee has been arrested for bringing narcotics into a jail facility, authorities said.
Juan Ortiz, a civilian laundry supervisor at Pitchess Detention Center, was arrested Tuesday at 5 a.m. He is accused of being a heroin courier, bringing the drugs to gang members who would then sell them to other inmates, according to L.A. County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.
Ortiz, 55, has been booked at Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station, where he is being held on $30,000 bail.
arrest, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 37 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months