Los Angeles News
Rocketdyne engine moves 3-miles to Chatsworth
CHATSWORTH, Calif. (KABC) -- A giant rocket engine rolled it way from the Rocketdyne Plant in Canoga Park to its new digs in Chatsworth Thursday.
Five of these F-1 engines powered the Saturn 5 making it possible for mankind to reach the surface of the moon.
The historic engine was on display for many years outside the Canoga Park plant.
But with the facility shutting down, the F-1 had to be moved to the Aerojet Rocketdyne Facility in Chatsworth.
los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 19 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 25 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 1 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 25 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book