Los Angeles News
Glendora student allegedly lured into car, sexually battered by man
GLENDORA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 64-year-old man was arrested for sexual battery after allegedly duping and assaulting a Citrus College student in Glendora Monday.
Police say the suspect approached the 18-year-old female foreign exchange student as she waited at a bus stop in Covina. The suspect then allegedly duped the victim into getting into a red 2002 Toyota Camry under the guise of needing directions.
According to police, the victim told the suspect she needed to go to Citrus College but the male driver proceeded to drive north into Glendora. Investigators say that's when the driver refused to let the victim out and proceeded to grope and sexually batter her.
He eventually let her out of the car at Citrus College.
On Tuesday, Glendora authorities set up a sting with a female police decoy on the same bus bench. A suspect matching the description arrived in a grey Mercedes, exited his vehicle and appeared to be looking for the victim.
That's when officials say the suspect struck up a conversation with the police decoy and offered her a ride. The suspect, later identified as Michael Reza Dupont, 64, of West Covina, was immediately detained.
Dupont was arrested for false imprisonment and sexual battery. He was released on $50,000 bail but is due at Citrus Court in West Covina on Nov. 13.
Authorities are concerned there may be more victims who have not come forward.
Any additional victims or anyone with information was urged to contact Detective Chris Farino at (626) 914-8284.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, school, los angeles news, sid garcia
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- El Nino watch: Cycle possible next winter
25 min ago