Los Angeles News
Long Beach man arrested for assaulting clerk over cigar price
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A 35-year-old Long Beach man was arrested Wednesday for punching a store clerk in a dispute over the price of a cigar.
Kendrick Ruth was arrested at a Long Beach motel near Long Beach and Artesia boulevards after detectives followed up on several leads, according to the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept.
Ruth allegedly punched a store clerk during a dispute over the price of a cigar on September 7 at a gas station on the 4900 block of Lakewood Blvd. in Lakewood. The 23-year-old female clerk suffered severe injuries, the department said.
Ruth was booked on charges of robbery and assault and was held on $100,000 bail. He was scheduled to be arraigned Friday.
caught on tape, arrest, robbery, los angeles news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- Mega Millions jackpot may exceed $400 million
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 55 min ago
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
59 min ago