Los Angeles News
Carson man shot, killed after returning home from grocery store
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot and killed after returning to his home in Carson from the grocery store, and the search is on for his killer.
The shooting occurred shortly before midnight in the 300 block of West 220th Street. Sheriff's deputies say 33-year-old Brandon Morgan had just parked his car when he was shot several times in the driveway of his condo.
The victim was able to run inside his home, but he later died from his injuries.
"Shots were fired. He was probably struck there. He ran into his garage, into his residence, also followed by the suspect or suspects, who also shot him inside his residence," said Lt. Dave Coleman with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
They say Morgan's girlfriend and young daughter were home at the time of the shooting. They were upstairs and unhurt.
Investigators have not named any suspects. The motive remains unknown.
If you have any information about this crime, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend 17 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 39 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'