Los Angeles News
Carson man shot, killed after returning home from grocery store
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot and killed after returning to his home in Carson from the grocery store, and the search is on for his killer.
The shooting occurred shortly before midnight in the 300 block of West 220th Street. Sheriff's deputies say 33-year-old Brandon Morgan had just parked his car when he was shot several times in the driveway of his condo.
The victim was able to run inside his home, but he later died from his injuries.
"Shots were fired. He was probably struck there. He ran into his garage, into his residence, also followed by the suspect or suspects, who also shot him inside his residence," said Lt. Dave Coleman with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
They say Morgan's girlfriend and young daughter were home at the time of the shooting. They were upstairs and unhurt.
Investigators have not named any suspects. The motive remains unknown.
If you have any information about this crime, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
shooting, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease 48 min ago
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe? 43 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 4 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
38 min ago