Los Angeles News
La Habra officer injured in shooting following collision
CASTAIC, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An off-duty La Habra police officer was injured after being shot early Saturday morning in Castaic.
The incident occurred shortly after 5 a.m. near the 5 Freeway and Templin Highway.
During the later investigation, officials learned the officer had been involved in a traffic collision. The incident led to a physical altercation at which time the suspect shot the officer in the arm with his own gun.
The officer suffered non life-threatening injuries and was expected to be OK.
The suspect remains on the loose.
No other information has been released.
The Los Angeles Sheriff's Department's homicide detectives are investigating the case.
Anyone with information on this incident was urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
officer-involved shooting, shooting, los angeles news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 7 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 10 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
55 min ago