Los Angeles News
CSUN prowler: Students warned of attempted sexual assault
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The Cal State University Northridge campus community is on alert after a suspect broke into a student's apartment Saturday. The victim awoke to find the suspect standing over her and touching her bare leg.
The incident occurred on the third floor of University Park Apartments building 9 between 8 and 9 a.m.
Police said the suspect took the victim's wallet and several other documents before fleeing.
It remains unknown how the suspect entered the victim's apartment.
He was described as a black male, approximately 25 years old, 6 feet tall and weighing about 180 pounds with short black hair and dark-colored eyes. The suspect has a thin, athletic build with a scar on his chin.
He was last seen wearing a red Adidas hooded sweatshirt with white lettering and light-colored blue jeans.
The investigation is ongoing.
Police are looking into the possibility that the suspect may be connected to other recent attacks. His sketch is strikingly similar to one of the four suspects wanted for a series of incidents at the same apartment complex. In two of the three cases, the four suspects cornered women, making sexual comments and trying to grab them before they escaped.
Anyone with information regarding this incident or any similar incidents within the University Park Apartments was asked to contact Detective Sergeant Mark Benavidez at (818) 677-3901.
school, sexual assault, sex crimes, burglary, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 12 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Covered California enrolls nearly 1.4M people
50 min ago