Los Angeles News
Wild car chase ends at USC parking structure
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A wild car chase that started on the 405 Freeway ended at the University of Southern California campus Thursday night.
The pursuit happened as tens of thousands of people were packed into the Coliseum for the USC football game.
The driver was wanted for passing on the right shoulder while speeding. He refused to stop and that's when the chase began.
Early on, CHP officers bumped him, but the driver kept going. CHP officers followed close behind him. Then the pursuit moved onto a street that was pretty quiet at that time of night. That is when the CHP bumped him again. This time, the driver lost control for a few seconds and his vehicle was spinning around.
The vehicle stopped and the CHP officers pulled up alongside the suspect. There were seven guns pointed at the suspect, but he didn't give up. One of the officers fired as the suspect drove away.
The driver then went into a parking structure at USC, where he was finally arrested.
Some USC students say they did not know any of this was happening until they received a text alert from the school that it was ending at the campus.
car chase, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis