Los Angeles News
Teenage girl sexually assaulted on bus in Van Nuys area 3 times; transient arrested
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting a teenage girl three times on the same Metro bus in the Van Nuys area.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department identified the suspect as 59-year-old Majdeddin Nahvi, a transient living in Canoga Park.
Sheriff's investigators say the 16-year-old victim did not report the first two assaults because she thought she would never see the suspect again. They say after the third assault, the teen took a cellphone photo of Nahvi as he left the bus and then called authorities.
Deputies say the suspect would take a seat next to the teen, cover himself with a sweater and touch her. She was not hurt in any of the incidents, which took place between Aug. 27 and Sept. 30.
Nahvi was arrested on Tuesday and booked into the L.A. County Jail. His bail was set at $100,000.
Anyone with information on the case was asked to contact L.A. Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
sex crimes, arrest, los angeles news
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans 22 min ago
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs 21 min ago
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke