Los Angeles News
Woman armed with knife shot by LAPD in downtown
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police officers shot a woman who was armed with a knife on Friday in downtown Los Angeles.
Authorities say officers responded to a disturbance call at the St. George Hotel on the 100 block of East Third Street just before 1 p.m. The hotel is used for housing for the homeless.
Officers went to a room on the fifth floor, and the woman opened the door armed with a knife.
An officer-involved shooting occurred, and the woman, who is in her 50s, was taken to a local hospital in serious condition.
The shooting remains under investigation.
downtown, shooting, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour