Los Angeles News
Woman armed with knife shot by LAPD in downtown
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police officers shot a woman who was armed with a knife on Friday in downtown Los Angeles.
Authorities say officers responded to a disturbance call at the St. George Hotel on the 100 block of East Third Street just before 1 p.m. The hotel is used for housing for the homeless.
Officers went to a room on the fifth floor, and the woman opened the door armed with a knife.
An officer-involved shooting occurred, and the woman, who is in her 50s, was taken to a local hospital in serious condition.
The shooting remains under investigation.
downtown, shooting, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 54 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 16 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 33 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator 44 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 17 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'