Los Angeles News
Hollywood Labor Day stabbing suspect arrested
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police have arrested a Simi Valley man accused of stabbing two men during a fight in Hollywood on Labor Day.
Danny Moreno, 26, was arrested Wednesday on suspicious of attempted murder following an investigation the Los Angeles Police Department.
The 26-year-old is accused of stabbing two men, wounding one seriously during a group fight in the 6700 block of Hollywood Boulevard on Sept. 2.
The two victims, ages 31 and 22, received stab wounds to their necks and heads. One of the victims remains hospitalized in serious condition.
According to police, two men were outside of Leila's Pizza and Deli when they were stabbed by a group of other men.
"There was an altercation between two male Hispanics and three to four male Hispanics," said Los Angeles police Lt. Ray Valois. "Some type of an argument ensued, and as a result, two of them got stabbed."
Moreno was being held in lieu of $570,000 bail.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the incident was urged to contact LAPD at (213) 972-2931.
stabbing, shooting, homicide investigation, hollywood, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 12 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 18 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 49 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 18 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book