Los Angeles News
Norwalk deputy-involved shooting: Suspect wounded
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- A male suspect was wounded in a deputy-involved shooting in Norwalk Saturday afternoon, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said.
The shooting happened shortly after 4 p.m. at Foster Road and Fairford Avenue.
Deputies were on patrol when they attempted to pull a vehicle over for traffic violations. The vehicle failed to stop, and the driver continued westbound in the 11300 block of Foster Road.
According to detectives, a 23-year-old man tossed a handgun from the passenger window. The vehicle continued traveling down the road and quickly stopped. The suspect got out, and a deputy-involved shooting occurred, authorities said.
The suspect was struck once in the upper torso and transported to a local hospital. He was last listed in stable condition and is expected to survive.
There were two other people in the vehicle, but they were not hurt. Investigators detained them for questioning as witnesses.
No deputies were injured. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison