Los Angeles News
Athens crash victim ejected, run over by hit-and run driver
ATHENS, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- A passenger was run over and killed after the driver in the vehicle she was traveling in lost control and collided with several vehicles in the Athens area of Los Angeles Saturday.
The driver of a gray 1982 Buick Regal lost control and smashed into several parked cars near 120 Street and Budlong Avenue.
Officers say Olga Herrarte, 48, of San Pedro, a passenger in the Buick, was thrown from it, run over and killed.
The driver fled the scene on foot.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation but investigators believe speeding may have played a part in the crash.
Police are actively searching for the hit-and-run driver. He was last seen running northbound on Budlong Avenue.
Anyone with information regarding this incident was urged to contact Officer S. Taylor at the CHP West Los Angeles Area Office at (310) 642-3939.
car crash, hit and run, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'