Los Angeles News
Athens crash victim ejected, run over by hit-and run driver
ATHENS, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- A passenger was run over and killed after the driver in the vehicle she was traveling in lost control and collided with several vehicles in the Athens area of Los Angeles Saturday.
The driver of a gray 1982 Buick Regal lost control and smashed into several parked cars near 120 Street and Budlong Avenue.
Officers say Olga Herrarte, 48, of San Pedro, a passenger in the Buick, was thrown from it, run over and killed.
The driver fled the scene on foot.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation but investigators believe speeding may have played a part in the crash.
Police are actively searching for the hit-and-run driver. He was last seen running northbound on Budlong Avenue.
Anyone with information regarding this incident was urged to contact Officer S. Taylor at the CHP West Los Angeles Area Office at (310) 642-3939.
car crash, hit and run, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 56 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case 34 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 30 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week 6 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour