Los Angeles News
'Big Draw LA' event takes over Grand Park
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Artists took over Grand Park in downtown Los Angeles on Sunday to celebrate the act of drawing.
They showed off their talents at "Make Your Mark in the Park", the kick-off event to the "Big Draw L.A." People were also invited to put their vision for L.A.'s future down on paper.
This was just the beginning of a whole month of drawing activities hosted by Ryman Arts.
"Others down the pathway are making drawings out of colored tape, kind of abstract style," said Diane Brigham, executive director of Ryman Arts. "We're doing some kinesthetic drawings where they're not drawing with their hands but are drawing with their teeth or their feet."
For more information about "Big Draw L.A." events, visit http://thebigdrawla.org.
downtown, los angeles news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds