Los Angeles News
LA County deputy accused of firing shots to scare pranksters
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy has been temporarily relieved of duty after he allegedly fired his gun in the air to scare a group of pranksters.
The department says Deputy Sung Pak was off-duty when some kids rang his doorbell in Santa Clarita and took off.
A spokesman says Pak tried to follow the kids to identify them, when some of the larger members of the group turned toward him in a threatening manner, and Pak allegedly fired a warning shot in the air.
The incident remains under investigation.
los angeles news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 17 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 50 min ago
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 39 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 43 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 45 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour