Los Angeles News
LA County deputy accused of firing shots to scare pranksters
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy has been temporarily relieved of duty after he allegedly fired his gun in the air to scare a group of pranksters.
The department says Deputy Sung Pak was off-duty when some kids rang his doorbell in Santa Clarita and took off.
A spokesman says Pak tried to follow the kids to identify them, when some of the larger members of the group turned toward him in a threatening manner, and Pak allegedly fired a warning shot in the air.
The incident remains under investigation.
los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 3 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 35 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker 54 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy' 41 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)