Los Angeles News
LA County deputy accused of firing shots to scare pranksters
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy has been temporarily relieved of duty after he allegedly fired his gun in the air to scare a group of pranksters.
The department says Deputy Sung Pak was off-duty when some kids rang his doorbell in Santa Clarita and took off.
A spokesman says Pak tried to follow the kids to identify them, when some of the larger members of the group turned toward him in a threatening manner, and Pak allegedly fired a warning shot in the air.
The incident remains under investigation.
los angeles news
- CO school shooting suspect dead, says sheriff 5 min ago
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- SoCal boy's cancer fight inspires
- OC homicide: Roommate sought for questioning 6 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million 19 min ago
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'