Los Angeles News
Venice Beach boardwalk crash suspect says rampage was accident
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The lawyer for the man accused of running down people on the Venice Boardwalk says it was an accident.
Nathan Campbell, 38, is charged with one count of murder, 16 counts of assault with a deadly weapon and 17 counts of felony hit-and-run. The charges include a special allegation of using a car as a deadly weapon.
Witnesses say Campbell swerved back and forth, as if trying to hit as many people as possible.
An Italian tourist was killed, and 11 other people were injured in the incident.
Campbell's lawyer says there were mechanical issues with Campbell's car and that there's "much more to this story."
Campbell is being held on $1.48 million bail. If convicted, he faces life in prison.
venice beach, lapd, car crash, los angeles news
- NKorea says it deported detained US war vet 16 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot 44 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting 51 min ago
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material 22 min ago
- Bob Dylan's guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
30 min ago