Los Angeles News
North Hollywood fire: Elderly man found dead in home
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Investigators are trying to figure out what caused a fire at a North Hollywood home that killed an elderly man.
The fire was reported around 8 p.m. Wednesday in the 6900 block of Agnes Avenue.
Firefighters arrived and found the home engulfed in flames. Crews say a woman heard the smoke alarm and was able to get out.
Once firefighters made their way inside, they found the body of her 87-year-old husband.
The woman was rushed to the hospital. There was no immediate word on her condition.
fire, north hollywood, los angeles news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach 35 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 45 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Fundraiser held for Corona football player
46 min ago