Los Angeles News
Los Angeles deputies find marijuana, weapons; 7 arrested
TEMPLE CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- Seven suspects are behind bars after authorities served search warrants at four locations Tuesday and found marijuana and weapons.
Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies discovered more than 200 pot plants growing inside a home in Temple City.
Two assault weapons and a handgun were also discovered in a residence in Covina. Investigators also searched two homes in Valinda as part of the investigation.
Four suspects were arrested Tuesday in connection with the illegal operation. Three additional suspects were arrested a day later. Officials say the suspects may be affiliated with a Chinese gang.
All seven suspects were booked into the Industry sheriff's station on suspicion of illegal cultivation of marijuana. They were each being held on $50,000 bail.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact L.A. Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
marijuana, marijuana growing, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 1 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts