Los Angeles News
Montebello mayor's husband arrested for allegedly selling drugs
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- The husband of Montebello's mayor has posted bail after being arrested for allegedly selling drugs.
Sheriff's deputies say 44-year-old Ruben Guerrero was taken into custody Thursday. He is accused of selling meth and other drugs near a school.
Guerrero is married to Mayor Christina Cortez, who has been on the City Council since 2010. Cortez says she was shocked by her husband's arrest and urges the public to let the investigation take its course.
A neighbor who says she has known the couple for 30 years believes this is all over politics.
"She's a nice lady. He's a very nice man. I've known her mom for over 30 years. As far as I'm concerned, this is all political. It's just all about politics, dirty politics," said the neighbor.
Guerrero was convicted of driving under the influence in 1999.
Guerrero is due in court on Monday.
arrest, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley 37 min ago
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
18 min ago