Los Angeles News
Azusa motel standoff: Suspect taken into custody
AZUSA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 49-year-old man was taken into custody after a daylong standoff with police at a motel in Azusa on Saturday.
Azusa police received a call around 10:15 a.m. regarding a male suspect who broke a window in a room at the Arrow Inn Motel in the 400 block of East Arrow Highway.
Police say he then barricaded himself inside and was yelling threats at officers. When the man refused to come out, the police department's SWAT team was called in.
After more than nine hours, the suspect finally surrendered peacefully. He was taken into custody and transported to a local hospital for an examination.
The suspect's name has not been released. Police say they will seek charges against him for felony vandalism and resisting police with threats of violence.
standoff, los angeles news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 14 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge 40 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 34 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker