Los Angeles News
Azusa motel standoff: Suspect taken into custody
AZUSA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 49-year-old man was taken into custody after a daylong standoff with police at a motel in Azusa on Saturday.
Azusa police received a call around 10:15 a.m. regarding a male suspect who broke a window in a room at the Arrow Inn Motel in the 400 block of East Arrow Highway.
Police say he then barricaded himself inside and was yelling threats at officers. When the man refused to come out, the police department's SWAT team was called in.
After more than nine hours, the suspect finally surrendered peacefully. He was taken into custody and transported to a local hospital for an examination.
The suspect's name has not been released. Police say they will seek charges against him for felony vandalism and resisting police with threats of violence.
standoff, los angeles news
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 3 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies 15 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler