Los Angeles News
22-year-old bicyclist struck, killed by Metrolink train in Palmdale
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A young man was hit and killed by a Metrolink train in Palmdale on Saturday night.
The 22-year-old was hit at the Palmdale Boulevard crossing, near Sierra Highway. He was riding his bicycle across the tracks when the train struck him.
Witnesses say he was trying to beat the train. The train was headed to the Lancaster station.
More than 250 passengers were onboard. No one on the train was hurt.
The incident is under the investigation.
los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour