Los Angeles News
22-year-old bicyclist struck, killed by Metrolink train in Palmdale
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A young man was hit and killed by a Metrolink train in Palmdale on Saturday night.
The 22-year-old was hit at the Palmdale Boulevard crossing, near Sierra Highway. He was riding his bicycle across the tracks when the train struck him.
Witnesses say he was trying to beat the train. The train was headed to the Lancaster station.
More than 250 passengers were onboard. No one on the train was hurt.
The incident is under the investigation.
los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 10 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Some CA cities seek water independence 3 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 27 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office 49 min ago
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians