Los Angeles News
22-year-old bicyclist struck, killed by Metrolink train in Palmdale
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A young man was hit and killed by a Metrolink train in Palmdale on Saturday night.
The 22-year-old was hit at the Palmdale Boulevard crossing, near Sierra Highway. He was riding his bicycle across the tracks when the train struck him.
Witnesses say he was trying to beat the train. The train was headed to the Lancaster station.
More than 250 passengers were onboard. No one on the train was hurt.
The incident is under the investigation.
los angeles news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event