Los Angeles News
Couple arrested after gun goes off outside Glendora Sam's Club
GLENDORA, Calif. (KABC) -- A couple whose gun accidentally went off outside a store in Glendora Sunday afternoon has been arrested, authorities said.
The incident happened in front of the Sam's Club in the 1300 block of South Lone Hill Avenue around 1:45 p.m.
Glendora police said the gun was in 48-year-old Robert Duncan's fanny pack. They say his wife, 50-year-old Helen Duncan, was holding the pack, dropped it as they came out of the store, and the gun went off.
A bullet went through her husband's arm. He went to the hospital to be treated.
Police located the couple at the hospital and arrested both of them on suspicion of illegal possession of a concealed weapon and negligent discharge of a firearm. They were being held on $35,000 bail.
City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, arrest, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 40 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months