Los Angeles News
Couple arrested after gun goes off outside Glendora Sam's Club
GLENDORA, Calif. (KABC) -- A couple whose gun accidentally went off outside a store in Glendora Sunday afternoon has been arrested, authorities said.
The incident happened in front of the Sam's Club in the 1300 block of South Lone Hill Avenue around 1:45 p.m.
Glendora police said the gun was in 48-year-old Robert Duncan's fanny pack. They say his wife, 50-year-old Helen Duncan, was holding the pack, dropped it as they came out of the store, and the gun went off.
A bullet went through her husband's arm. He went to the hospital to be treated.
Police located the couple at the hospital and arrested both of them on suspicion of illegal possession of a concealed weapon and negligent discharge of a firearm. They were being held on $35,000 bail.
City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, arrest, los angeles news
- CO school shooting suspect dead, says sheriff 26 min ago
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 31 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- SoCal boy's cancer fight inspires
- OC homicide: Roommate sought for questioning 43 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million 56 min ago
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'