Los Angeles News
Car chase suspect causes Mid-City crash, takes off on foot
MID-CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A local neighborhood was locked down for hours Monday after a suspect fled from police, caused a crash and then took off on foot.
Crumpled cars filled a Mid-City intersection after a suspect in a stolen Honda Accord ran a red light as he fled from police.
"The light was green and as soon as I got in the intersection, this guy in a black car comes from there, he didn't brake or anything and we just hit head on," said crash victim Brittany Romero.
The crash happened around 5 p.m. at the intersection of Washington and Redondo boulevards.
The suspect slammed into several vehicles, injuring at least two people. Witnesses say the suspect only seemed to care about getting away.
Police searched the neighborhood for the suspect, but he got away, at least for now.
car chase, pursuit, car crash, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center 33 min ago
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea 39 min ago
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Salt water treatment helps rare lung disease
51 min ago