Los Angeles News
Car chase suspect causes Mid-City crash, takes off on foot
MID-CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A local neighborhood was locked down for hours Monday after a suspect fled from police, caused a crash and then took off on foot.
Crumpled cars filled a Mid-City intersection after a suspect in a stolen Honda Accord ran a red light as he fled from police.
"The light was green and as soon as I got in the intersection, this guy in a black car comes from there, he didn't brake or anything and we just hit head on," said crash victim Brittany Romero.
The crash happened around 5 p.m. at the intersection of Washington and Redondo boulevards.
The suspect slammed into several vehicles, injuring at least two people. Witnesses say the suspect only seemed to care about getting away.
Police searched the neighborhood for the suspect, but he got away, at least for now.
car chase, pursuit, car crash, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Fatal Baldwin Village fire deemed accident
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Human skeletal remains found in Montebello
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- Kelly Thomas trial: Surveillance video shown
- NYC train crash airs queries about technology
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Best high-tech toys for kids this season
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- Paul Walker crash seen on surveillance video
- Ben Stiller marks prints at TCL Theatre
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson new Christmas music video
- TN teacher's social media lesson goes viral
47 min ago
- Sea turtles call local San Gabriel River home
16 min ago