Los Angeles News
Pomona 9-year-old missing boy found safe
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- The search for a missing 9-year-old boy in Pomona has ended. The child was found five blocks away at a friend's house.
It was a nervous 12 hours for mother Jody Coover. Police combed Christian Stewart's neighborhood for hours before he was found.
According to Coover, her son spent the night at a friend's house whom she had never met. The boy said he thought his mother knew where he was and that he didn't call home because his friend's family's phone was dead.
On Wednesday, Christian disappeared from the front yard of his home on the 500 block of West 12th Street around 6 p.m. Coover says her son allegedly rode his red BMX bicycle to a family friend's nearby home to get a haircut.
His mother reported Christian missing around 8:30 p.m. after checking on him and realizing he never returned.
Christian was found Thursday after Coover's friend went knocking on several doors in the neighborhood, looking for the young boy.
He, however, says he has since learned a lesson.
"If I'm going to spend the night at someone's house, I have to call my mom," said Christian.
Despite hugging him, Coover says her son is grounded until he goes to college.
"His bike isn't going anywhere," said Coover. "It's being locked up for good."
City News Service contributed to this report.
missing person, pomona, los angeles news, q mccray
- Moorpark High on lockdown after threat made 3 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped 28 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 51 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'