Los Angeles News
Transgender woman attacked: 2nd suspect arrested; 2 outstanding
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police have made a second arrest in connection with the brutal beating of a transgender woman on Hollywood Boulevard.
The unidentified suspect was arrested on Wednesday.
Authorities released surveillance video footage of the victim identified as "Vivian" walking near Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street on May 31.
Four young men were seen knocking down and kicking the victim in the video.
The 22-year-old victim was hospitalized for seven days following the attack. She suffered broken bones and internal injuries.
Nicol Shakhnazaryan, 21, of Los Angeles was arrested shortly after the assault. He pleaded not guilty to charges of battery with serious bodily injury and assault in June.
Shakhnazaryan's attorney claims the victim was the aggressor. He faces up to years in prison if convicted.
Police are still searching for two additional suspects.
Anyone with information about the incident was urged to contact detectives at (213) 972-2967.
lapd, arrest, los angeles news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks