Los Angeles News
Transgender woman attacked: 2nd suspect arrested; 2 outstanding
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police have made a second arrest in connection with the brutal beating of a transgender woman on Hollywood Boulevard.
The unidentified suspect was arrested on Wednesday.
Authorities released surveillance video footage of the victim identified as "Vivian" walking near Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street on May 31.
Four young men were seen knocking down and kicking the victim in the video.
The 22-year-old victim was hospitalized for seven days following the attack. She suffered broken bones and internal injuries.
Nicol Shakhnazaryan, 21, of Los Angeles was arrested shortly after the assault. He pleaded not guilty to charges of battery with serious bodily injury and assault in June.
Shakhnazaryan's attorney claims the victim was the aggressor. He faces up to years in prison if convicted.
Police are still searching for two additional suspects.
Anyone with information about the incident was urged to contact detectives at (213) 972-2967.
lapd, arrest, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
7 min ago