Los Angeles News
Transgender woman attacked: 2nd suspect arrested; 2 outstanding
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police have made a second arrest in connection with the brutal beating of a transgender woman on Hollywood Boulevard.
The unidentified suspect was arrested on Wednesday.
Authorities released surveillance video footage of the victim identified as "Vivian" walking near Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street on May 31.
Four young men were seen knocking down and kicking the victim in the video.
The 22-year-old victim was hospitalized for seven days following the attack. She suffered broken bones and internal injuries.
Nicol Shakhnazaryan, 21, of Los Angeles was arrested shortly after the assault. He pleaded not guilty to charges of battery with serious bodily injury and assault in June.
Shakhnazaryan's attorney claims the victim was the aggressor. He faces up to years in prison if convicted.
Police are still searching for two additional suspects.
Anyone with information about the incident was urged to contact detectives at (213) 972-2967.
lapd, arrest, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'