Los Angeles News
Human remains discovered at Carson facility
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide detectives are investigating after human remains were found in Carson Saturday morning.
Detectives say an employee at a facility in the 24500 block of South Figueroa Street found body parts in a bin that holds debris separated from sewage water around 8 a.m.
Investigators are trying to figure out whether foul play was involved. The person's identity, age and sex will be determined as the investigation continues.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact the L.A. County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
body part found, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 49 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 38 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 32 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 45 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)