Los Angeles News
Human remains discovered at Carson facility
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide detectives are investigating after human remains were found in Carson Saturday morning.
Detectives say an employee at a facility in the 24500 block of South Figueroa Street found body parts in a bin that holds debris separated from sewage water around 8 a.m.
Investigators are trying to figure out whether foul play was involved. The person's identity, age and sex will be determined as the investigation continues.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact the L.A. County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
body part found, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final 44 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping 37 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved 45 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event