Los Angeles News
Man shot, killed in his car in Lawndale
LAWNDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- Homicide detectives are investigating after a man was shot to death in his car in Lawndale.
The deadly shooting happened shortly before 6 a.m. Saturday near the intersection of 159th Street and Prairie Avenue.
After the black male was shot in the upper torso, his car smashed into an apartment complex. The unidentified man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are not sure if this was a random act or if the man was targeted. It's not yet known if the suspect or suspects were on foot or in another vehicle. So far, no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. Callers can remain anonymous.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role