Los Angeles News
Man shot, killed in his car in Lawndale
LAWNDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- Homicide detectives are investigating after a man was shot to death in his car in Lawndale.
The deadly shooting happened shortly before 6 a.m. Saturday near the intersection of 159th Street and Prairie Avenue.
After the black male was shot in the upper torso, his car smashed into an apartment complex. The unidentified man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are not sure if this was a random act or if the man was targeted. It's not yet known if the suspect or suspects were on foot or in another vehicle. So far, no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. Callers can remain anonymous.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news, leanne suter
- I-5 through Grapevine reopens w/ CHP escorts 13 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed, 1 injured in San Clemente crash
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?