Los Angeles News
Man shot, killed in his car in Lawndale
LAWNDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- Homicide detectives are investigating after a man was shot to death in his car in Lawndale.
The deadly shooting happened shortly before 6 a.m. Saturday near the intersection of 159th Street and Prairie Avenue.
After the black male was shot in the upper torso, his car smashed into an apartment complex. The unidentified man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are not sure if this was a random act or if the man was targeted. It's not yet known if the suspect or suspects were on foot or in another vehicle. So far, no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. Callers can remain anonymous.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news, leanne suter
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 6 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 18 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting
- Actor Chris Pine pleads guilty to DUI 19 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Stooges drummer Scott Asheton dies at 64 54 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14