Los Angeles News
Downey father allegedly killed by teenage son
DOWNEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A 40-year-old father was allegedly killed by his own teenage son in Downey Friday morning.
Efrain Gainza Jr. was allegedly shot by his 15-year-old son at their home on the 8500 block of Fontana Street around 9 a.m.
Police say the teen called 911 and told dispatchers he had shot and killed his father. Officers responded to the home and found a man lying dead in his bed.
The teenager was taken to the police station where he was questioned. He was later arrested and booked on murder charges.
There is no motive yet in the shooting.
shooting, homicide investigation, arrest, los angeles news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 5 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 18 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis