Los Angeles News
710 Freeway tanker fire: All lanes reopen in Commerce
COMMERCE, Calif. (KABC) -- All lanes on the southbound 710 Freeway were reopened in Commerce early Monday following a fiery tanker truck crash.
The double tanker truck erupted into flames after crashing into a guardrail near Washington Boulevard around 9:40 a.m. Sunday. A Good Samaritan pulled the driver out of the wreckage.
The truck driver suffered burns over 40 percent of his body. He was taken to a hospital in critical condition. The Good Samaritan suffered minor burns to his hands.
Northbound lanes of the 710 Freeway were opened by about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
fire, freeway, los angeles news
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway 19 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again 42 min ago
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet
- Fugetsu-Do makes fresh, delicious mochi
54 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
37 min ago
- Ceremony honors LA's unclaimed dead
48 min ago