Los Angeles News
Panorama City apartment fire: 1 dead, 3 injured
PANORAMA CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Firefighters discovered a body after knocking down an apartment fire in Panorama City on Monday.
Fire crews responded to the 8800 block of Tobias Avenue at 8:39 a.m. The flames were mostly confined to one unit at the two-story apartment, authorities said.
A 42-year-old woman was found dead inside the charred apartment. The victim has not yet been identified. Her 14-year-old son and two police officers who were assisting in evacuation were hospitalized in fair condition for smoke inhalation.
Thirty-nine firefighters responded to the blaze, which was knocked down in 14 minutes.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Fire officials say there was no immediate evidence of a functional smoke alarm or fire sprinklers.
fire, los angeles news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 26 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 6 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 9 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals 16 min ago
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 52 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour