Los Angeles News
Chase suspect fires at deputy in Industry; no injuries
INDUSTRY, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect has been arrested after firing at a deputy during a high-speed chase that resulted in ramp closures on the 60 Freeway in the city of Industry.
It all started when the deputy tried to make a traffic stop at about 10:25 p.m. Wednesday. The driver of a white Toyota pickup truck did not pull over. Instead, he led the deputy in a lengthy high-speed chase. The pursuit involved several twists and turns, including a dangerous spin-out at Azusa Avenue.
At some point during the chase, investigators say the suspect fired his weapon at the deputy pursuing him. The deputy was not struck by gunfire, and it remains unclear if his cruiser was struck.
He was finally apprehended at the intersection of the 605 and 91 freeways. The suspect, whose identity was withheld, faces several charges, including assault with a deadly weapon on a peace officer.
The on and off ramps for Azusa and Nogales avenues were closed down until about 6 a.m. Thursday due to police activity.
car chase, arrest, pursuit, los angeles news, q mccray
- Multi-vehicle crash shuts down 405 South 22 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released 5 min ago
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover 8 min ago
- Fatal Baldwin Village fire deemed accident
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Human skeletal remains found in Montebello
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson new Christmas music video