Los Angeles News
Chase suspect fires at deputy in Industry; no injuries
INDUSTRY, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect has been arrested after firing at a deputy during a high-speed chase that resulted in ramp closures on the 60 Freeway in the city of Industry.
It all started when the deputy tried to make a traffic stop at about 10:25 p.m. Wednesday. The driver of a white Toyota pickup truck did not pull over. Instead, he led the deputy in a lengthy high-speed chase. The pursuit involved several twists and turns, including a dangerous spin-out at Azusa Avenue.
At some point during the chase, investigators say the suspect fired his weapon at the deputy pursuing him. The deputy was not struck by gunfire, and it remains unclear if his cruiser was struck.
He was finally apprehended at the intersection of the 605 and 91 freeways. The suspect, whose identity was withheld, faces several charges, including assault with a deadly weapon on a peace officer.
The on and off ramps for Azusa and Nogales avenues were closed down until about 6 a.m. Thursday due to police activity.
car chase, arrest, pursuit, los angeles news, q mccray
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW 24 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images 4 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5 7 min ago
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons