Los Angeles News
Canadian sex offender arrested in San Dimas after 23 years
SAN DIMAS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Canadian sex offender living in the U.S. illegally was arrested at a San Dimas RV park Monday.
Raymond MacLeod, 71, fled Canada in 1980 after allegedly raping a 5-year-old with cerebral palsy. A warrant was issued by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) after he was found to have left the country.
In January an L.A. County Sheriff's Parks Bureau Deputy identified MacLeod and notified the RCMP, who began the extradition process.
The deputy suspected MacLeod was in the U.S. illegally, and contacted Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the U.S. Marshals Service. Following a 10-month investigation, ICE confirmed MacLeod was a Canadian citizen, and he was detained pending deportation.
Monday, Parks Bureau deputies and ICE agents arrested MacLeod at the East Shore Recreational Vehicle Park at 1440 Camper View Road in San Dimas.
MacLeod was found to be in possession of two firearms. Due to felony convictions while living in the U.S., MacLeod was to be charged with being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm.
MacLeod was reportedly living in the U.S. using a dead person's Social Security number.
arrest, sex crimes, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video