Los Angeles News
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval attracts 500K people
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Approximately 500,000 people packed the streets for the West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval Thursday night.
Topical costumes were big this year. One person was dressed up as the healthcare.gov website, while another decided to be Miley Cyrus for the night.
Costumes inspired by YouTube videos were also popular. Disney was everywhere, including Snow White and Mary Poppins.
The successful turnout was also good news for merchants.
"It's definitely good for business, there is a lot of foot traffic, a lot of new customers come in, and it's always good," said West Hollywood merchant Genevive Meiung.
The festivities were not without incident, however. One person suffered burns when they got too close to a performance that was in progress. They were treated at a local hospital.
There were also some arrests made at another Halloween event in nearby Hollywood, mostly for drunk and disorderly conduct. That celebration saw 100,000 people.
Most streets in West Hollywood were cleaned up and reopened by 6 a.m. Friday.
halloween, holiday, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
2 min ago