Los Angeles News
Los Feliz robbery suspect takes off with $46K earrings
LOS FELIZ, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A bold jewelry store robbery in Los Feliz was caught on camera, and police hope someone will recognize the suspect.
James Ta, the owner of Pleasantry Jewelers, says he was lured away from the store Saturday by a caller claiming he wanted to see a piece of jewelry at another location.
Ta left, and two employees remained in the store. That's when a man came in for an appointment to look at some diamond earrings, worth $46,000. Each earring weighs 1 carat.
The man distracted the clerk, suddenly grabbed the earrings and ran out of the store. The employees tried to chase after him.
Ta says he's glad his employees were not hurt.
"I hope this guy gets caught," he said.
The LAPD is asking anyone with information on the suspect to contact them.
los angeles news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 13 min ago
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot 19 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 50 min ago
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14