Los Angeles News
Los Feliz robbery suspect takes off with $46K earrings
LOS FELIZ, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A bold jewelry store robbery in Los Feliz was caught on camera, and police hope someone will recognize the suspect.
James Ta, the owner of Pleasantry Jewelers, says he was lured away from the store Saturday by a caller claiming he wanted to see a piece of jewelry at another location.
Ta left, and two employees remained in the store. That's when a man came in for an appointment to look at some diamond earrings, worth $46,000. Each earring weighs 1 carat.
The man distracted the clerk, suddenly grabbed the earrings and ran out of the store. The employees tried to chase after him.
Ta says he's glad his employees were not hurt.
"I hope this guy gets caught," he said.
The LAPD is asking anyone with information on the suspect to contact them.
los angeles news
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film 55 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- California farmers to get more water
8 min ago