Los Angeles News
110 Freeway crash leaves 2 dead, 3 injured; driver faces DUI charges
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two women were killed and three others injured when their car veered off the road and hit a chain-link fence and a tree on the northbound 110 Freeway Sunday. The driver, who remains hospitalized, is facing DUI charges.
Firefighters responded to the scene near the Avenue 52 exit in the Highland Park area of Los Angeles around 1:30 a.m.
Authorities performed a physical rescue to remove the five women from the 2011 Nissan Sentra.
Anagraciela Cuadra, 22, and Blanca Belman Almanza, 23, were pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver, a 23-year-old resident of San Gabriel, was transported to Los Angeles County USC Medical Center. The two other victims were transported to Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena. All three were listed in serious condition following the crash.
The northbound freeway remained shut down until shortly after 5:30 a.m.
car crash, pasadena, highland park, los angeles news, amy powell
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians