Los Angeles News
Catalina Island airport plane crash injures 4
SANTA CATALINA ISLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- A small plane crashed at an airport in Catalina Island Sunday afternoon, injuring four people aboard.
FAA officials said a single-engine Grumman AA-5 aircraft landed long at the airport and went off the end of the runway around 3:15 p.m.
No one was killed. No fire was reported.
Most of the people on board suffered back injuries. One victim was treated for a leg injury. All were airlifted to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center.
Catalina Airport sits on top of a cliff.
It's unknown whether the plane was in the process of landing or taking off at the time of the crash.
plane crash, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 29 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 12 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 55 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 59 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour