Los Angeles News
CalArts in Valencia closed over stomach virus
VALENCIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Valencia school remains closed Monday after a highly contagious stomach virus spread throughout campus.
California Institute of the Arts, or CalArts, has been closed since last Friday after several people became very sick with flu-like symptoms.
The Los Angeles County Public Health Department says norovirus is suspected, but an official cause for the sickness has not yet been determined.
Crews have been cleaning university buildings, including the common areas, offices and classrooms, and all public areas and restrooms have been cleaned and sanitized.
Classes are expected to resume Tuesday.
CORRECTION: It was earlier reported that the sickness was spread through cafeteria food, but health officials have not yet determined the cause of the sickness.
health, school, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 1 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants