Los Angeles News
Vintage Triumph motorcycle stolen in 1967 seized at port
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A vintage 1953 Triumph motorcycle was recovered Wednesday after it was stolen in 1967.
The motorcycle was stolen from an Oklahoma back yard in February 1967. It was valued at $300 then. Its present manifested value is $9,000.
The motorcycle was seized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers, National Insurance Crime Bureau agents and California Highway Patrol investigators at the Los Angeles/Long Beach seaport complex on Wednesday, according to the Customs agency.
The bike was en route to Yokohama, Japan. CHP returned the bike to its rightful owner, an Omaha resident about 72 years old, the agency said.
"This is one of three vehicles CBP recently intercepted that were stolen at least 20 years ago," said Todd Owen, CBP director of field operations in Los Angeles.
port of los angeles, long beach, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 23 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 21 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker