Los Angeles News
Police chase leads from Camarillo to Santa Monica back to Point Mugu on PCH
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- CHP officers were in pursuit of a vehicle on Pacific Coast Highway from Camarillo, through Malibu toward Santa Monica, then back again.
CHP officers in Ventura tried to pull over a driver for speeding in Camarillo around 5:45 p.m. The driver failed to yield and led police on a chase southbound on PCH. Speeds hovered about 50 mph.
The vehicle, approaching the Santa Monica area, made a U-turn near Temescal Canyon and headed northbound on PCH.
The vehicle drove through several red lights heading north. By 6:18 p.m. the pursuit went past Pepperdine University.
The suspect was driving a white 4-door SUV, possibly a Toyota Highlander.
Authorities were concerned as Point Dume, Zuma and the Los Angeles County line approached due to lack of good lighting in the area.
The vehicle slowed to a stop near Mugu Naval Base. The suspect was taken into custody without incident.
car chase, pursuit, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash 21 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 4 min ago
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Ellen DeGeneres reacts to tabloid cover