Los Angeles News
Police chase leads from Camarillo to Santa Monica back to Point Mugu on PCH
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- CHP officers were in pursuit of a vehicle on Pacific Coast Highway from Camarillo, through Malibu toward Santa Monica, then back again.
CHP officers in Ventura tried to pull over a driver for speeding in Camarillo around 5:45 p.m. The driver failed to yield and led police on a chase southbound on PCH. Speeds hovered about 50 mph.
The vehicle, approaching the Santa Monica area, made a U-turn near Temescal Canyon and headed northbound on PCH.
The vehicle drove through several red lights heading north. By 6:18 p.m. the pursuit went past Pepperdine University.
The suspect was driving a white 4-door SUV, possibly a Toyota Highlander.
Authorities were concerned as Point Dume, Zuma and the Los Angeles County line approached due to lack of good lighting in the area.
The vehicle slowed to a stop near Mugu Naval Base. The suspect was taken into custody without incident.
car chase, pursuit, california highway patrol, los angeles news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 1 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video