Los Angeles News
USC student injured in hit-and-run accident
EXPOSITION PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help to find the driver involved in a hit-and-run accident near the USC campus Tuesday.
A 20-year-old student was injured in the accident at the intersection of 18th Street and Figueroa Avenue around 8:30 p.m.
Witnesses said the student was crossing the intersection in the crosswalk when a driver ran a red light and hit him.
The victim was transported to California Hospital Medical Center. He suffered scratches and was treated for hip and shoulder pain.
The suspect's vehicle is believed to be a 2008 Honda.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information was urged to contact (877) 527-3247.
hit and run, usc, los angeles news, john gregory
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 59 min ago