Los Angeles News
Hollywood man stabbed to death; suspect in custody
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man in Hollywood was stabbed to death Wednesday by a suspect believed to be his roommate.
Authorities say the victim, a man in his 30s, was found with multiple stab wounds to the chest in front of an apartment building in the 1600 block of North Courtney Avenue just before 9 p.m. The victim was rushed to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The suspect, who is also in his 30s, fled from scene but was taken into custody a short distance away, police said. He was taken to a local hospital to be treated for unspecified injuries.
A second man, who may be another roommate, was also taken into custody.
Police say they were able to make the arrest quickly thanks to a witness who identified the suspect to police. It's unclear what led to the stabbing.
City News Service contributed to this report.
stabbing, hollywood, los angeles news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 33 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
22 min ago