Los Angeles News
Hawthorne hit-and-run crash leaves 4 injured
HAWTHORNE, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were injured following a hit-and-run on the westbound 105 Freeway in Hawthorne Sunday, CHP officials said.
The three-car crash occurred near Crenshaw Boulevard around 4:02 a.m.
Authorities traveling westbound on the 105 Freeway found an overturned pickup truck and an overturned Range Rover.
A girl who was ejected from the pickup truck was found trapped underneath.
Responding officers and Good Samaritans rushed to the scene and helped push the pickup truck off the girl, who at one point was laying face down and unresponsive.
Authorities said the juvenile suffered lacerations to her face and head. She and three other occupants of the pickup truck were transported to local hospitals. Their conditions remain unknown.
None of the occupants in the Range Rover were injured.
No description of the hit-and-run motorist was released.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding the hit-and-run driver was urged to contact the CHP at (310) 642-3939.
CNS contributed to this report.
hit and run, los angeles news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 12 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 23 min ago
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion 30 min ago
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
57 min ago