Los Angeles News
Student dies after jumping into water at Angeles National Forest
ANGELES NATIONAL FOREST, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A college student was killed after taking a deadly leap in the Angeles National Forest north of Arcadia at Hermit Falls.
The young man was among a group of friends who went hiking on Monday and decided to jump into a pool of water.
Investigators say the student was the sixth person to jump, but when he surfaced he was unconscious.
His friends immediately began CPR, but he died after being airlifted to a hospital. The student's name has not been released.
angeles national forest, los angeles news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 40 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 14 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged 26 min ago
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
32 min ago