Los Angeles News
TSA officer got help 33 minutes after being shot at LAX
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Law enforcement officials want to know why it took 33 minutes for TSA officer Gerardo Hernandez to get help after he was shot at Los Angeles International Airport.
Hernandez died after he was shot inside an airport terminal Nov. 1. Officials who watched surveillance footage of the shooting say Hernandez lay bleeding for 33 minutes before he was wheeled out to paramedics.
Police had not declared the terminal safe to enter, but officials want to know whether paramedics could have entered the airport sooner.
Suspected gunman, Paul Ciancia, was shot by airport police and taken into custody five minutes after the attack started.
shooting, los angeles international airport, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured 15 min ago
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 34 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 51 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report